Monday, March 15, 2010

Who am i?!

A very evolved man, and a very spiritually connected to the universe type of man, sent me a message - that when i was born my "life tape" didn't get erased...

My name is Angel and i am a 30 year old man, a son, a brother, a husband, a father, a dancer, an instructor, a choreographer, a frustrated musician, a music editor and a graphic artist.

...That man also told me that i had talents and didnt understand where they came from - so true -  i never learned how to play drums, i just picked up a set of drums sticks and started playing. He said they were past lives that were manifesting themselves in this one.  He was very clear that because my "tape" didn't get erased, the real me, who i'm suppose to be in this lifetime is getting drowned out by my past lives and that i need to to connect with my inner self to let my true self come out.

That message came to me right before i turned thirty this past February, like a wake up call, as in i better do something before its too late. What do you do with that information? How do i connect with my inner self?  How does one with many talents suppose to choose only one, create a passion and turn it into a career?  or  am i suppose to bundle everything together into one?  Its not easy trying to figure out who you really are.  All this time i've been having to do bits and pieces of my talents throughout the day, the week, the month just so that i can feel accomplished and be able to make ends meet.

So who am i?!  That is the task at hand and a road i've committed myself to take.  Lets see where i end up.

6 comments:

  1. I share the same story. I am also a man of many talents and at one time did not know where they would lead me or which one to pursue. I think thats why i spent 10 years in the military because i was scared that i didn't have the courage to jump out into civilian life to chase a dream. I would become so frustrated because there were so many things that i was good at but could never get a grip of just one thing and run with it. Until one day i finally understood which talent trumps all and that is living a life of purpose. The greatest talent that anyone could ever posses is the ability to inspire and create a better life for others and to make your sole purpose for living one that helps those who need it most. It all makes perfect sense! We are given many talents so that we can help make a difference to the masses in many ways, and i absolutely feel blessed that God would choose me to be a leader for him during my lifetime. I sometimes think that i have wasted so much time finding this purpose, but you have to remember that its never too late when your doing great things for others.

    Demonte Alexander
    Soul2Sole Foundation
    www.soul2solefoundation.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Demonte, didn't know you felt like that and that you can connect with my experience and relate to it. Thank you so much for sharing that here and hopefully others do the same and maybe, just maybe we can help others find that purpose sooner.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank you both for sharing your experiences in finding your purposes in this life. I am humbled to call you my friends. I am little older than both of you. Yeah just a little bit. :) I am still trying to find my purpose. I can relate to having multiple talents and trying to find that special one to concentrate on. I agree with Demonte that giving back and inspiring others is a noble cause. I look forward to seeing what you both will do in the future and hopefully I can be a part of it.

    Marcos Matos
    Still trying to find his way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I just read the Power of a minute the power of life; we all are shifting in our journey, the journey of us. When we enter this journey, did we arrive alone? Did we enter just for ourselves? Or the journey of us, is a force meant to be and it is unfolding the energy with which to move from one point to another…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tea Santos thanks you so much for hearing me out and offering support by sharing with me your writings (blogs). I find that this is where it all begins and you have already opened the door to finding you inner purpose , and discovering who you are as a MAN! Now, that you have discovered what to do....God can now guide you in the right direction to your true destination in Life. Peace out, Tea~

    ReplyDelete