Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What is Real?

What is real?  How do you define real?  If you are talking about what you can feel, smell, taste, see and hear, then real  is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.  This is one of my favorite scenes in the movie the Matrix.  It is said that the mind is a powerful thing, it is!  Spiritual teachers and quantum physicists all over have found that the world you live in, as YOU experience it, only exists in your mind.  So if its true in your mind, then its true and real for you.  I once heard a Indian Guru say that the only place you experience life is within yourself.  You see him, where?  In your mind.  You hear him, where?  In your mind.  Nothing that you have ever or ever will experience happens outside of you. He said we know nothing of the world outside of our mind.  So, what its reality?  

Recently I decided to watch, for a second time, the show Lost.  The first time I saw it I had a different mindset, and it reached me, but limited to what I was willing and capable of understanding back then.  Now, given the way I think, I wanted to see how it would reach me and if I could gain any new understanding from it.  I did! If you are not familiar with the show I urge you to give it a chance.  If you haven't, I will not spoil it for you, I am not here to talk about the show, simply about the perspective I gained from it.  Are you familiar with soul pacts and/or soul groups?  They are agreements we make with an individual or a group of individuals before we come to earth and be born.  The agreements we make are just so that we can help each other have the experiences and learn the lessons we are meant to, i.e., soul mates, spouses, children, family, close friends, etc.  Based on my study of the Buddhist philosophy and what I've been able to understand from Quantum Physics, I have come to realize that Death is just a concept.  Why?  Because what I AM; a divine spiritual being having a temporary human existence, was never born, therefore it could never die.  It has always existed and chooses to be born to have different experiences to gain awareness of itself.  Death is simply the transition of leaving the body to rest to perhaps another reality of existence or to whatever comes next.  

So what comes next? Heaven? Hell? Purgatory? Reincarnation? I really don't know.  I suppose no one really knows until it happens.  What I do know for sure, is that I don't know.  If I don't know, then what do I know; and what do I do with what I know?  If what is real its all happening within my mind, then Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, Reincarnation, etc are all realities that we can only experience within our mind.  That after we transition, we simply create them within our mind, based on our perception of our last reality - lets call that "Life".  They say Life is what you make it, you will either have a "positive" experience or a "negative" experience. If you see Life as obstacles and problems, then that's what you will experience.  If you see Life as opportunities, then that's what you will have. If you flow with Life, it flows with you.  Its is all on your perception, your mindset.  If at any point you are not happy with the experience you are having, you can change your mind.  If I had a positive life experience at the time I transition from my current reality, chances are that I will experience a Heaven type reality.  If I had a negative life experience, then I'll experience a Hell like reality.  Some say Heaven and Hell are a place here on Earth, that they are just mindsets, your perception of  reality.  So if Death is a concept, couldn't Life be a concept as well.  

Life is a constant learning experience, which every day provides us with opportunities to learn more, and there are no mistakes, only lessons.  And these lessons are specific to you, and learning them is the key to discovering and fulfilling the meaning and relevance of your own life.  That your development towards wisdom is a process of experimentation, trial and error, and the ones we come to life with, either as a soul pact or a soul group, help us through and are essential to that process.  Here is what I propose, based on the premise that reality is only experienced within your mind, that Life/Heaven/Hell/Purgatory/Reincarnation/etc are all realities we create in our mind, then, if the world you live in, as YOU experience it, only exists in your mind.  That if its true in your mind then its true and real for you, then ALL is REAL.  If its all for learning lessons and resolving issues that we have with ourselves and others, and they say purgatory is a place for those that have not resolved certain things in life and need a little more time to work through things; and for those who are there that's REAL for them, then the here is the thing: you don't really know at which point of your journey you are currently on.  In the movie What Dreams May Come, they say that if you are aware you exist, then you do.  They also say, that only thought is real, physical is the illusion - again all within your mind.  In that movie, Heaven or Hell was a choice they each created within their mind and its experienced differently by each person - all was possible and there are no rules.  In that reality, "afterlife", they were able to resolve all the issues they hadn't in "life", as a family, and they were able to experience a LOVE like never before.  They finally found peace and happiness.  They were so at peace that they chose to reincarnate and have more experiences and learn more from each other.  That "afterlife" reality was very REAL to them. Going back to the point that we really don't know what happens; what is real and what is not, and since we don't know, then we don't know at what point we are in this never ending journey.  Are you in Life, Heaven, Hell, Purgatory ????? Then it only makes sense that we make the best of it Now, wherever Now is for you.  That in this NOW, you lead with love, that you forgive, that you let go, that you are kind and compassionate, that you resolve any issues that may be holding you back from finding peace and happiness.  

Keep this in mind, the most important time of your life, is the time you spend with the ones you love. You need them and they need you, to move on.  Realize that it is only through love that we come to remember who we are.  That it is only through love that we can forgive and let go. Love is all there is.  Love is your path to peace and happiness.  They only time is NOW, don't waste it.

Thank you, I Love you.  You are important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment